Wooden Toddler Knife • Chop-Chop!
This wooden toddler knife helps to build essential skills, yet is safe enough for your little ones to begin exploring the kitchen.
This wooden toddler knife is perfect for:
Firstly: Picky eaters 🥦
Allowing children to explore their food at their own pace can ease picky eating. Therefore, tools that enable food-play (like this toddler chopping knife) can expand their evolving palates. P.S. — it can also help you teach your children about nutrition and healthy eating habits.
Secondly: Sensory Play 🖐️
Sensory play involves activities that stimulates a young child's senses of touch, smell, taste, sight and hearing. It encourages children to explore and investigate, which supports their use of the ‘scientific method’ (observing, forming a hypothesis, experimenting and making conclusions.) In short, sensory play leads to improved focus and critical thinking skills in children.
Thirdly: Families with beloved culinary traditions 🍲
Share your cultural heritage—or simply your favourite dishes—with your little ones. It's a simple yet surprisingly beautiful way to carry on your family traditions through food.
Fourthly: Improving fine motor skills 🥄
This wooden toddler knife helps to improve fine motor skills, which allow children to perform important tasks like feeding themselves, grasping objects, and writing—all integral to building self-esteem and confidence. Try using it to slice a "pizza" or "cucumber" made of Play-doh! Fine motor skills improve with practice, so the earlier the better!
- Crafted from beechwood—lightweight and durable
- Made of 100% natural materials
- Comfortable grip; designed for little hands
- Easy to maintain
- Dimensions: 10cm x 7.6cm x 2cm (4” x 3” x 0.75")
- FDA compliant
- If the knife becomes worn, smooth the edges with 400 sandpaper.
- To clean: use warm soapy water and dry the wooden toddler knife thoroughly (or allow to air dry).
- Don't allow this wooden knife to sit in water.
- Not recommended for use with meat products.
- Not recommended for dishwasher use.